Awana Children Ministry
AWANA blends Bible teaching, Scripture memorization and tons of fun. Our church’s AWANA ministry impacts kids, families and our entire community! Our AWANA program for kids 3 years old through the 6th grade runs on Sundays from 6:00-7:30 PM. Transportation is available, please contact the church office for more information.
During the school year, our Teen Impact program meets at 6:00 PM each Sunday night. We have a lesson from the Word of God, small groups, Scripture memorization, games, and snacks. The teens also meet on Sunday Mornings at 11:15 AM for a Sunday School class designed specifically for them. If this is your age group, don’t miss out on this exciting time of study and fellowship! Transportation is available, please contact the church office for more information.
T412 (20’s & 30’s)
This ministry is designed for young people as they graduate from High School, head into college, work, relationships, and begin families. It is our desire to give practical teaching on how the Bible deals with the issues of life that we face and help support each other as we become more like Christ. This ministry meets weekly for Sunday School and monthly for dinner and a Bible Study.
There is always something going on, and we love fellowshipping with one another. Here some of the ministry options:
- Ladies Thursday Bi-Weekly Bible Study
- Ladies Activities
- Secret Sister
- Men’s prayer meeting & breakfast
- Various work and maintenance tasks
- Check out the church calendar for more information
Missions is an important part of Mountain Bible Church. Presently we support 12 missionaries in various places all over the world.
- ANDERSON, Dan/Linda-Springfield, IL- Brazil Gospel Fellowship Mission
- “FAMILY”- Missionaries to China- Grace Baptist Mission
- HUTCHESON, John/Lois-Taylors, SC- Frontline Missions
- “ABRAHAM & SARAH”- Tel Aviv, Israel- Life In Messiah Int’l
- JOHNSON, David/Connie-Fortaleza, CE Brazil- Brazil Gospel Fellowship Mission
- JOHNSON, Wayne/Lorri-Christian Way Missions & EUCON International Ministries, Saipan
- KEESEE, Tim/Debbie-Taylors, SC- Frontline Missions
- NILES, Steve/Donna-Aix-Les-Bains, France- TEAM
- PATRICK Family – SE Asia, Pioneers
- PERRY, Mark/Bekah- Chile- GMSA
- STROMLUND, Rodney/Ruth-Harrison, AR- American Missionary Fellowship
- THOMPSON, Dan/Liz- Chile- GMSA
In Matthew 28, Jesus said we should make disciples of all nations “as we are going”. Mountain Home Bible Church recognizes that it is every Christ follower’s responsibility both to live out the Gospel in their lives and to proclaim the Good News of the Gospel with their mouths. So, whether in daily encounters with others, through intentional outreach activities in our church, in our community, or through mission trips, MHBC encourages every believer to share the Gospel and to make disciples.
The purpose of Project 10:14 is to make 3-4 specific outreach opportunities available to our church family each year. These opportunities will vary in their objectives and descriptions, but they will intentionally allow our church to engage our community or spread the Gospel in another part of the world.
The name “Project 10:14” is designed around 2 concepts. First is the word project. That is something that is intentionally accomplished. Second is the 10:14. That is taken from Romans 10:14 which says, “How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?” It is our goal to intentionally accomplish Romans 10:14.
Our music program is a great asset to our ministry. At Mountain Home Bible Church we have a traditional music ministry. We are privileged to have a number of people who serve in this area. Those who serve in the music ministry can be involved in:
- Choir, Hand Bells, Special Music, Sunday Morning Orchestra and our Christmas Musical.
At MHBC we have Sunday School classes designed for the whole family. Presently we have the following classes:
- 3 Year olds- 1st Grade
- 2nd-6th Grade
- Teen IMPACT (7th-12th Grade)
- T412 (20’s & 30’s)
- Adult Classes (General Study or Discussion Follow-up of the morning message)
It is our goal to use the Sunday School time to help deepen each individual’s understanding of the Word of God. We focus our teaching on the Word of God and strive to help show how it applies to our daily lives.